Lift sagging skin and contour facial features with Dr Raquel’s skilled dermal filler treatments
Have you ever looked in the mirror and pushed up your skin to achieve a more youthful look? Thought to yourself, if I could just pin my cheeks and jawline here, I’d be happy with my appearance?
This is not uncommon as we age. Many assume that the only way to achieve this look is through surgery –we’re glad to confirm that you’re wrong!
Just a few injections of dermal fillers can make all the difference to your ageing face. The quick and relatively painless procedure costs significantly less than surgery and ensures you avoid any downtime – enabling you to get back to work and your usual activities after just a few hours.
Achieving natural results with fillers
You may have only heard of dermal fillers when they go wrong. Overinflated lips and puffed-up cheeks have unfortunately given them a bad rep, but we can confirm that when tailored to your individual needs by a highly trained and experienced medical professional such as Dr Raquel, dermal fillers can transform your face in the most natural-looking and subtle way possible.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Lift sagging cheeks
- Enhance the shape of your lips
- Reduce the appearance of jowls
- Add definition to your chin and jawline
- Address sunken under the eyes (tear troughs-dark circles)
- Fill hollows in your temples (the areas on the side of your head between your eyes and hairline)
- Reduce the appearance of lines around the mouth (also known as smoker’s lines around your mouth), nasolabial lines (lines between the nose and corners of the mouth), and marionette lines (also known as puppet lines appearing from the corner of the mouth downwards)
Selecting the best dermal fillers for you
There are a number of types of dermal fillers available, which contain different ingredients and work in slightly different ways. Dr Raquel is highly experienced in offering the most popular options:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers (last three to 12 months): designed to replace volume and rehydrate the skin.
- Hybrid hyaluronic acid and calcium hydroxyapatite fillers (last 12-24 months): replace volume and hydration, while also stimulating collagen production for firmer more flexible skin.
- Biostimulators (last 12-19 months): stimulate collagen production for firmer more flexible skin without adding volume.
The dermal filler we recommend will depend entirely on your individual circumstances. Dr Raquel will carefully assess your concerns and outline what approach will work best, while taking into account the level of difference you want to see, upcoming events you may have, and the budget you have in mind.
We ensure that your dermal filler treatment not only makes you look your best, but makes you feel your best too!
The risks of dermal filler treatment
Non-surgical rejuvenation with dermal fillers is low risk compared to undergoing a surgical facelift. We use local anaesthetic to numb the area prior to injection, so pain is kept to a minimum and you are awake throughout the procedure.
Like with any injections, swelling, itching and redness are normal after a dermal filler treatment and generally calm down after a few hours, while bruising can occur.
Allergic reactions are very rare but can happen. The most serious risk is vascular occlusion – when a blood vessel gets blocked – which can lead to tissue death and, in extreme but again very rare circumstances, blindness.
Thankfully, Dr Raquel is thoroughly trained in how to prevent and manage complications should they take place. In clinic, we have essential medicine and equipment to use in case anything goes not to plan.
Booking a dermal filler appointment
Dermal fillers are suitable for most people, unless you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a particular medical condition. If you suffer from cold sores, we’ll recommend preventative medication before treatment.
Dermal fillers aren’t just for women – men can also hugely benefit from treatment, and Dr Raquel is skilled at tailoring your procedure to suit your different facial anatomy and individual needs.
Before any treatment takes place, you will be invited to an in-depth consultation with Dr Raquel and given time to consider your options before going ahead. Prices start from £325.